Sunday, December 16, 2007

Accident & Emergency


Accident & Emergency
National University Hospital


Yesterday i got a little bit accident... embarrassing accident, actually.. When i cleaned my ear using cotton bud, suddenly the accident happened. The cotton stuck in my ear.. I asked my roommate to pull it out, but she was not brave enough.. I was not brave enough, also..

OMG.. What should i do?

And then... I asked some friends, what the hospital/clinic nearest NUS is and where the location is. They said "NUH". What is NUH? NUH (National University Hospital) is Singapore's University Hospital located in NUS Kent Ridge Campus.

So, I decided to go to Accident & Emergency (A&E) section. When me and my roommate entered the entrance of A&E, we were welcomed by 1 doctor and 1 his assistant. The doctor asked me whether i wanna see a doctor. I said yes. Then he adhered green or yellow sticker on our clothes. Green sticker for me, the patient, and yellow sticker for my roommate.

Green sticker stated me as the patient


My friend got the yellow sticker

The doctor wanted to check my temperature via my ear. I said, "But I have ear problem now. The cotton of cotton bud stuck in my left ear". The assistant laugh, "Stuck? Hahaha" :( The doctor said, "I can check via your right ear". "Okay," I said.

After my temperature is checked, I approached the registration desk. I gave my TVE (Training Visit Employee) and paid S$80 for the fee. And I got the tax invoice.

Tax invoice

After my blood pressure is checked, I have to queue to take my turn. After around 40 mins I queue, finally i entered the consultation room. The attending doctor that checked me is dr. Rakesh Premkumar. He said, "Don't ever use cotton bud to clean your ear. You should ask the doctor to clean your ear." After the doctor pulled the cotton out from my left ear, I can hear properly...

This accident make me scared... I don't want this happen again to me... Thanks God.

1 comment:

HOLLY said...

here's the questions:
S$80 JUST TO PULL THE COTTON BUD OUT??????